According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (US EPA) and the Surgeon General’s Office, approximately 20,000 lung cancer deaths are caused each year by radon. Hilltop Home Inspections can help you determine the level of radon that exists in your home so that any high levels found can be addressed, making your home safe and giving you peace of mind.
Radon is a cancer-causing radioactive gas that can become trapped in your home. It comes from the natural decay of uranium in the soil and is the second leading cause of lung cancer. Reasons to test your home include:
- Nearly 1 out of every 15 homes in the U.S. has a radon level the EPA considers to be elevated
- North Carolina ranks 12th out of 50 states when it comes to the risk of high radon levels
- You cannot smell, taste or see radon as it rises from the ground and becomes trapped in your home
- It takes years of exposure before any symptoms appear
- Testing is the only way to be sure of your home’s radon levels
- High levels of radon can be eliminated providing a safe environment for your home
As a Licensed Home Inspector, I have the experience to help you determine the radon levels that may exist in your home. I use state-of-the-art equipment that provides an accurate reading that you can trust.
Hilltop Home Inspections can provide you with a top to bottom view that gives you peace of mind. Contact me or schedule your appointment using my online calendar. Visit my Rates page for more information on cost.