Not all houses are perfect including new ones. That’s why Hilltop Home Inspections provides a quality, comprehensive new construction home inspection that gives you a top to bottom view of your new home’s condition and gives you peace of mind to move forward with closing on your investment. The NC Residential Building Code used by Municipal Inspectors is a bare minimum for building standards. My new construction inspections will be based not only on building codes but best practices and manufactures recommendations which go well beyond a basic code inspection. My background and field experience as a Licensed General Contractor will be an enormous asset to the inspection process.
As a Licensed Home Inspector and Licensed General Contractor, I have the experience to help you determine if the house has any defects that you need to address before moving on to the next phase of construction or closing on your new home. My services include:
- Finding issues in the areas of the home the building inspector is not required to evaluate
- Offering an extra pair of eyes by double checking areas already evaluated by the building inspector
- Inspecting the basement, roof and other major components
- Evaluating all of the home’s systems such as plumbing, electrical, HVAC, insulation, ventilation and structural
- Helping you save money and headache by helping to find issues before moving onto the next phase of construction or closing on your new home
- Providing the details you need to make informed decisions
A new construction home inspection takes anywhere from 2 to 5 hours, depending on the size and condition of the house. I recommend that you attend the inspection so that I can inform and educate you in person on the home’s condition. If you are unable to attend, the report I create will provide the level of detail you need to understand the condition of the property. I am also happy to have a conference call to discuss my findings.
Following your new construction home inspection, I will email you a detailed report within 24 hours that includes checklists, detailed descriptions and digital photos of any defects or safety issues found. In addition, my job isn’t finished until you understand all the information in it.
Once the report is completed, you can include the findings on your punch list of issues to be addressed before closing. Once you close, it can sometimes be a challenge to have these issues addressed so it’s better to get them knocked out beforehand.
Hilltop Home Inspections can provide you with a top to bottom view that gives you peace of mind. Contact me or schedule your appointment using my online calendar. Visit my Rates page for more information on costs.